Configure Application Intelligence Solutions on GigaVUE V Series Nodes using Third Party Orchestration
You can use your own orchestration system to deploy GigaVUE V Series Nodes and then use GigaVUE‑FM to configure advanced features like Application Intelligence, Application Metadata Intelligence, and Application Filtering Intelligence.
Deploying the fabric components to configure Application Intelligence session using third party Orchestration can be done in two ways:
When using generic mode, GigaVUE-FM automatically creates an environment and connection when you deploy your fabric components in your orchestration system. In this case, the environment and the connections are created after the fabric components registeration. The fabric components deployed will listed in both the monitoring page and the connections page. They can only be used in either one of these places. For example: If the GigaVUE V Series Nodes in the Connection page is used to configure Application Intelligence session, then it cannot be used for monitoring purposes in the monitoring domain. The default traffic acquisition method is G-vTAP Agents. You can edit the connection and change the traffic acquisition method you wish to use.
Note: When using generic mode you cannot configure multiple connections under a single connection group.
When deploying your fabric components using integrated mode, you must create environments and connections before registering your fabric components. And provide the environment and connection name as groupname and subgroupname in the registration data that will be used in your orchestration system.
To configure the Application Intelligence solution on the GigaVUE V Series Nodes, create a virtual environment with the required connections. After creating the connections, configure the sources and the required destinations for the traffic flow.
- You can configure multiple connections under a single connection group (only in integrated mode).
- You can deploy multiple GigaVUE V Series Nodes in a connection.
- You can use V Series Node API Proxy Server (VPS) to scale and manage multiple V Series Nodes. Refer to the GigaVUE-FM REST API Reference in GigaVUE-FM User's Guide for detailed information.
- You can use tool templates while creating an Application Metadata Intelligence session. To create a custom tool template for GigaVUE V Series Node, signature is required from the node. Refer to the Tool Templates for more detailed information.
- When GigaVUE-FM and GigaVUE V Series Nodes are deployed in different cloud platforms, then the GigaVUE-FM public IP address must be added to the Data Notification Interface as the Target Address in the Event Notifications page. Refer to Configuration Settings section for configuration details.
- When using generic mode the default traffic acquisition method is G-vTAP Agent, you can edit the connection and change the traffic acquisition method. This is applicable only when using third party orchestration method. You cannot edit connection when using GigaVUE-FM as your orchestrator.