Install GigaVUE‑FM on Nutanix
To launch the GigaVUE‑FM instance from the Prism Central:
- Log in to the Gigamon Customer Portal and click on Software and Release Notes.
- Then, search qcow2 in the search file field.
- Use the Filter by option to filter your search by Product, Release, Release Type and Release date. Select GigaVUE‑FM as the product, and the enter the release version in the release field.
- The QCOW2 file appears in the list view. Click on the latest QCOW2 file to download it.
- Log in to Prism Central.
- In Prism Central, select Dashboard > Virtual Infrastructure > VMs. The VMs page appears.
Note: You can view the uploaded images under Virtual Infrastructure > Images. For more detailed information on how to upload fabric images refer Upload Fabric Images.
- On the VMs page, click Create VM. The Create VM window appears.
- Enter or select the values as described in the following table.
- Name—Enter a name for the VM.
- Description—Enter description for the VM. (optional)
- Timezone—Select the time zone from the drop-down list.
- vCPU(s)—number of vCPUs required. Minimum value is 2vCPUs. However, the recommended value is 4vCPUs.
- Number Of Cores Per vCPU—number of cores per vCPU.
- Memory—memory size of the vCPU(s). Minimum value is 16GB.
- Click Save and the new VM appears on the VMs list with the Power State as Off.
- Select the new VM and then select Actions > Power On. The new VM is now Active.
- Select the new VM and then select Actions > Launch console. The GigaVUE‑FM console appears.
- Log in to the GigaVUE‑FM console as admin with the user name as admin and default password admin123A!! and you are requested to change the password.
Note: You can also choose to perform the IP Networking and NTP configurations by running the fmctl jump-start command after you power on the GigaVUE‑FM instance. Refer to Perform Network Configurations topic in the GigaVUE-FM Installation and Upgrade Guide for more details on how to use fmctl jump-start to perform the initial network configuration.
Note: If the device has more than one cluster, select the required cluster in the Cluster Selection window.
Add, edit or delete the disks. Add the GigaVUE‑FM qcow2 disk image and a Container (second disk), minimum of 40GB for the VM. Select the primary image (GigaVUE‑FM qcow2) as Boot Device.
|Network Adapters (NIC)||Add a minimum of 1 vNIC for traffic management.|
|VM Host Affinity (Optional)||Set Affinity by choosing the required nodes to run GigaVUE‑FM or a particular VM.|
You can also log in to GigaVUE‑FM by logging in to WebUI using the configured IP address using the default user name admin and the default password admin123A!!.