Tool Traffic in Multi-Site Scenarios
For sessions (associated with a Subscriber ID) in which both the control and user plane sessions are handled by a CPN and an UPN located in a different site, there exist a correlation through which the control plane portion of a session is delivered to the same tool type similar to that of user plane.
When the probes are at different locations, the probe to which the control plane traffic is delivered is different from the probe to which the user plane traffic is delivered.
If the control plane and user plane traffic are handled by the network element functions within the same site, then the traffic is delivered to the same probe.
If the control plane and user plane traffic are handled in different sites then all the session traffic are delivered to the same tool type.
Note: In the CPN, the control packets are broadcast to tool ports, hence non-matching packets are not forwarded to the collector tool.
- CPN – GigaVUE‑HC2, GigaVUE‑HC3
- UPN - GigaVUE‑HC2, GigaVUE‑HC3
- You can configure 5G-CUPS in FM only through Ansible in YAML format.
- Functional limitations related to the GigaSMART applications. For example, no map overlap for 5G, no N9 interface support, etc.
- ERSPAN tunnel termination and VXLAN header stripping do not occur in GigaVUE‑FM CUPS Solutions.