Fabric Health Analytics is delivered as BETA in software version 5.13.00 and is subject to change in the upcoming release(s).
Fabric Health Analytics (FHA) in GigaVUE-FM is a standalone service that provides data visualization capabilities for the following entities in GigaVUE-FM:
- Physical resources, specifically the nodes and the ports
- Virtual resources
- Alarm Management services
- GigaVUE-FM CPU, Memory and Disk Storage services
Using FHA you can create visual elements such as charts that are embedded as visualizations. The visualizations are grouped together in dashboards. You can also create search objects using FHA. Dashboards, Visualizations and Search Objects are called FHA objects.
Fabric Health Analytics provides the following advantages:
- Real-time data for visualization as the required data is taken from GigaVUE-FM.
- Application of RBAC on the data to be analyzed and visualized.
- Trending Analysis: Visualize the trends in the traffic using pre-defined widgets.
- Capacity Planning: Utilization of resources based on health and inventory summary data.
- Fault Management: Detection of anomalies in real-time and generation of alarms.
- Generation of reports based on the available data.
Rules And Notes for Fabric Health Analytics
- All GigaVUE-FM users can create, edit and delete FHA objects1. However, you can perform these operations only on the FHA objects created by you. You can only view the FHA objects created by other users, but you cannot edit them.
- You cannot delete or edit system-defined objects such as dashboards and visualizations.
- There is no limit on the number of dashboards per user.
- The data available in dashboard is controlled by Role Based Access Control. That is, the data fetched depends on the accessibility rights of the user based on the user role and user-defined tags.
- The GigaVUE‑FM backup/restore operation preserves both default and custom dashboards and visualization. This allows the dashboards and visualizations created in the earlier software versions to be restored in software version 5.13.00. This enables rapid resumption of GigaVUE‑FM services and also provides the users the ability to operate and monitor the visualizations in GigaVUE‑FM.
- Statistical dashboards display data in the following two tabs:
- Metric: Displays maximum and average values of statistical counters for a specific time period, example Rx Ports Aggregated Max Traffic, Rx Ports Aggregated Average Drop Traffic
- Trends: Displays trend of statistical counters for a specific time period, example Rx Port Statistics (Bits/s), Tx Port Statistics (Bits/s), Tool GigaStream Maximum Rx Rate(pps) by member port Alias
- The Inbound and Outbound Port Statistics dashboards display metric values for the top 1000 port elements in visualizations (as the total count it set to 1000).
- By default, all statistical dashboards display data based on a pre-selected cluster ID to avoid performance issues in a scaled environment.
- To filter data in the visualizations based on the required tag keys and tag values, clone the required statistical dashboard and edit the Sample - Tags option in the Control Visualization. Refer to Filter Data Using Tags in Control Visualizations
Refer to the following sections for details: