Use the Manage Alarms button to configure the following:
To configure the following, navigate to Alarms > Settings page.
- Exclusion Rules
- Threshold Values for Memory and CPU Status
GigaVUE‑FM allows you to enable exclusion rules for the alarms using which you can choose to exclude health computation of the physical and logical components which do not require user attention, thereby preventing an alarm to be triggered.
Note: Use the toggle bar to toggle between enabling and disabling the selected option.
To do this:
- Click the Alarms button on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the exclude rules to apply while computing the health status of physical and logical components. The following options are available:
- Ports that are admin disabled
- Ports that do not have aliases
- Click the required checkbox. A confirmation dialog appears. Select ‘Yes, remove the alarms’ to check the box and remove the alarms. Select Cancel to cancel the operation.
- Click Save to save the settings.
Threshold Values for Memory and CPU Status
You can configure the threshold limits for the following:
- Memory Status: You can configure the device memory usage threshold limit as follows:
- Alert as critical if the memory threshold exceeds: Upper threshold limit for triggering the alarm
- Clear the alarm if the memory threshold falls below: Lower threshold limit for clearing the alarm
- CPU Status: You can configure the device CPU usage threshold limit as follows:
- Alert as critical if the CPU threshold exceeds: Upper threshold limit for triggering the alarm
- Clear the alarm if the CPU threshold falls below: Lower threshold limit for clearing the alarm